Outsourced General Counsel
Joe Roach offers a unique approach to his business clients – – he serves as general counsel, but at a fraction of the cost. His broad range of business and legal experience provides Joe a clear understanding of his clients’ business goals and the issues detracting from meeting those goals. This creates a unique blend of expertise that qualifies Joe to serve as a cost-effective alternative to hiring outside counsel. Joe serves as his clients’ in-house counsel-- a member of their management team--but on an outsourced basis.
Joe offers clients a cost-effective way to receive senior-level business and legal advice from an experienced businessman and attorney, without adding to headcount and overhead. Joe can handle both the transactional and litigation aspects of his clients’ legal needs – – and, because he has over ten years of business experience, and has been on the receiving end of legal invoices – – he can help clients sort out the legal issues inherent in doing business. It is Joe’s goal to become a strategic player in his clients’ businesses – – to help them make important business decisions, nearly all of which have legal ramifications. Joe’s approach is to become actively involved at many different levels in his clients’ businesses. Clients benefit in many ways from Joe’s outsourced general counsel approach including:
- When you hire Joe, he begins by conducting a business practices risk assessment to identify potential business and legal risks – – and to identify specific ways to reduce costs and increase profitability
- Joe develops a tailored plan designed to incorporate proactive business and legal strategies to prevent problems from surfacing in the future, and to best manage the daily issues that arise
- Joe attends Board and management committee meetings, and is an active player in his client’s strategic business planning initiatives
- Clients have unlimited access to Joe to answer day-to-day questions that come up, and to handle numerous legal matters – – all for an affordable fixed monthly fee
- If the need arises, Joe has access to a pool of attorneys to step in and handle complex litigation matters – – a process which Joe manages from discovery through settlement or litigation
- Joe’s clients appreciate his ability to convey complex business transactions in understandable terms. Joe’s hands-on business and legal experience enable him find a way to get the deal done
According to Joe, “An entrepreneurial approach helps me give clients the best advice to mitigate risk, while advancing their business interests. I have found legal work in the business environment to be the best of all worlds.”
Prior to attending law school, Joe worked for more than ten years in commercial banking. His business banking experience includes lending, loan workouts, and serving in various management positions. Joe’s lending and workout experience includes commercial real estate, general commercial and agricultural lending.