Business Law Attorney
Email Joe >
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
MEET JOE ROACH
Joe Roach is the founder and managing partner of Roach Business Law. He has extensive experience in commercial lending, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy and workouts, commercial real estate and regulatory matters.
Before embarking on his legal career, Joe worked for more than a decade in commercial banking, with direct responsibilities in commercial lending and loan workouts. He later served as General Counsel for a Fortune 500 company, managing a wide variety of strategic priorities, legal affairs, government relations and relationships with outside law firms. This experience enables Mr. Roach to provide a unique perspective to the clients he serves: combining sophisticated insight into critical business issues and a special appreciation for how legal services are valued by business owners.
Joe is an avid outdoorsman and deeply involved in community service. He provides pro bono legal representation to the Lakes Melissa and Sallie Walleye Foundation. He was a professional, tournament walleye fisherman and enjoys introducing clients and friends to the Minnesota northland.
Joe is experienced in both transactional and litigation work. He has served clients across a broad array of industries, including the financial services, transportation, agriculture and manufacturing sectors.
- Represented secured lender in connection of a multi-billion dollar Chapter 11 bankruptcy case, involving a wide variety of claims.
- Represents clients ranging from sole proprietorships to publicly traded companies in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, construction, tax, commercial lending, bankruptcy and workouts.
- Represents a wide variety of secured lenders in large, complex commercial real estate foreclosures and commercial real estate transactions.
Memberships & Involvement
- Minnesota Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska Bar Association, Member
- North Dakota Bar Association, Member
- South Dakota Bar Association, Member
- Iowa Bar Association Member
- Pro Bono counsel for Lakes Melissa and Sallie Walleye Foundation
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit\
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D.
- Iowa State University, B.B.A Finance and B.S. Economics